Sunday, August 5, 2018

TRACKING THE WORD

MUSINGS - August 03 2018

TRACKING THE WORD

Isaiah 55:10-11
"Rain and snow come down from the sky. They do not go back again until they water the earth. They make it sprout and grow so that it produces seed for farmers and food for people to eat. My word, which comes from my mouth, is like the rain and snow. It will not come back to me without results. It will accomplish whatever I want and achieve whatever I send it to do."

The Word goes forth from God.

John 1:14
The Word became human and lived among us. We saw his glory. It was the glory that the Father shares with his only Son, a glory full of kindness and truth.

The Word does the Father's will.

John 5:17
Jesus replied to them, "My Father is working right now, and so am I."

The Word is nearly completed.

John 17:4-5
On earth I have given you glory by finishing the work you gave me to do. Now, Father, give me glory in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world existed.

The Word accomplished his task

John 19:30
After Jesus had taken the vinegar, he said, "It is finished!" Then he bowed his head and died.

The Greek word translated “it is finished” is tetelestai, an accounting term that means “paid in full.”

The Word returned to God.

Acts 1:7-9
Jesus told them, "You don't need to know about times or periods that the Father has determined by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes to you. Then you will be my witnesses to testify about me in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." After he had said this, he was taken to heaven. A cloud hid him so that they could no longer see him.

Visit my daily blog. https://rvingfulltimewithtomandella.com/

And my sermons blog http://thomasewilliams.blogspot.com/?m=1

All content (except quotations) © 2018 Thomas E. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment