Friday, February 22, 2019

NO UNEMPLOYED


MUSINGS - February 19, 2019
NO UNEMPLOYED

Matthew 11:25-30
At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for hiding these things from wise and intelligent people and revealing them to little children. Yes, Father, this is what pleased you. "My Father has turned everything over to me. Only the Father knows the Son. And no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son is willing to reveal him. "Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. Place my yoke over your shoulders, and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble. Then you will find rest for yourselves because my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I read this scripture, before I accepted the forgiveness of God's gift of love and restoration, and it frightened me. I didn't understand the truth of "Place my yoke over your shoulders." I imagined a heavy wooden yoke placed upon my shoulders eggs then being forced to pull a plow or a wagon with a huge load in it. Now, having accepted the gift off salvation, I realize that I previously had my own yoke on my shoulders and was pulling that load alone. With Jesus's yoke, we are sharing the load and he is doing nearly all of the work.

Make no mistake, in the kingdom of God there are no unemployed. Every Christian had a duty to perform. However, Christ is with us doing all of the heavy lifting.

Visit my daily devotions blog

Daily journal

My sermons blog

Random Thoughts

All the blog posts in one place

All content (except quotations) ©2019 Thomas E. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment