Friday, February 8, 2019

BROKEN SILENCE

https://musingsdevotions.wordpress.com MUSINGS - February 08, 2019


BROKEN SILENCE


Matthew 9:32-34

As they (2 no-longer blind men) were leaving, some people brought a man to Jesus. The man was unable to talk because he was possessed by a demon. But as soon as the demon was forced out, the man began to speak. The crowds were amazed and said, "We have never seen anything like this in Israel!" But the Pharisees said, "He forces demons out of people with the help of the ruler of demons."

Between my ages of 4 and 6 my father, grandmother, sister, grandfather, and dog all died. I developed a speech impediment. Once a week for I don't know how long I saw a therapist. The impediment is gone but it wasn't instantaneous.

What a joyous thing it must have been for this mute man to be able to speak. I wonder what his first words were? I imagine him, with years streaming down his face, falling on his face before Jesus, thanking him and praising him over and over.

And standing nearby were the Pharisees trying to think of any excuse to deny the power of God flowing out of Jesus. I wonder what words the no-longer mute man would have for them?

Visit my daily devotions blog

Daily journal

And my sermons blog

Random Thoughts

All the blog posts in one place

All content (except quotations) ©2019 Thomas E. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment