Thursday, February 14, 2019

DENY OR PROCLAIM


MUSINGS - February 14, 2019 

DENY OR PROCLAIM


Matthew 10:29-33
"Aren't two sparrows sold for a penny? Not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father's permission. Every hair on your head has been counted. Don't be afraid! You are worth more than many sparrows. "So I will acknowledge in front of my Father in heaven that person who acknowledges me in front of others. But I will tell my Father in heaven that I don't know the person who tells others that he doesn't know me.

That reminded me of that last supper when Jesus said, "The hand of the one who will betray me is with me on the table. The Son of Man is going to die the way it has been planned for him. But how horrible it will be for that person who betrays him." So they began to discuss with each other who could do such a thing. (Luke 22:21-23)

Sadly the truth is that they all betrayed Jesus. Yes, Judas was the one who went to the chief priest, however after Jesus's arrest, they all went into hiding rather than testifying in his behalf. All four Gospels chronicle Peters denial*. In Peter's defense, he was the only one brave enough to follow into the courtyard.

These same men later went into the world and proclaimed his good news that Christ had died, Christ had risen, and Christ will come again. They did this because their sins (and ours) had been nailed to that cross and covered by the blood of the Sacrificial Lamb

We are given only two choices deny or proclaim. And in turn, when we stand before God, we will be welcomed or turned away. .

*Luke 22:54-62. Matthew 26:69-75, Mark 14:66-72, John 18:13-27
Visit my daily devotions blog
Daily journal
My sermons
Random Thoughts
All the blog posts in one place

All content (except quotations) ©2019 Thomas E. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment